1. Revised Child Protection Procedures came into effect from 1 September 2023.
2. To view the Department of Education and Skills Circular Letter, 0036/2023, please click here.
3. To view these new procedures, please click here.
4. The Board of Management of Loreto Secondary School, Wexford has formally adopted a Child Safeguarding Statement that is required as part of these new procedures. To view this statement, please click here.
5. The Child Safeguarding Statement was formally reviewed by the Board of Management on 8 February 2023. Please click here for notification of this review.
6. With effect from 24 January 2018, the Principal, Mr. McGinnity, presents a Child Protection Oversight Report at each meeting of the school’s Board of Management.
7. Any persons with child protection concerns are invited to contact a member of staff or the Designated Liaison Person (DLP), Mr. McGinnity, or, in his absence, the Deputy Designated Liaison Person (DDLP), Ms. O’ Donoghue.
8. This section of the school website will be used to provide updates to members of the school community in relation to general child protection matters.
Put simply, child protection in this school is all about safeguarding students against any form of neglect or physical/emotional/sexual abuse. Please speak to any member of staff if you have a concern about yourself or any other student.