1. New “Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post-Primary Schools 2017” came into effect from 11 December 2017.
2. To view the Department of Education and Skills Circular Letter, 0081/2017, relating to these procedures, please click here.
3. To view these new procedures, please click here.
4. The Board of Management of Loreto Secondary School, Wexford has formally adopted a Child Safeguarding Statement that is required as part of these new procedures. To view this statement, please click here.
5. The Child Safeguarding Statement was formally reviewed by the Board of Management on 14 February 2022. Please click here for notification of this review.
6. With effect from 24 January 2018, the Principal, Mr. McGinnity, presents a Child Protection Oversight Report at each meeting of the school’s Board of Management.
7. Any persons with child protection concerns are invited to contact a member of staff or the Designated Liaison Person (DLP), Mr. McGinnity, or, in his absence, the Deputy Designated Liaison Person (DDLP), Ms. O’ Reilly.
8. Mr. O’ Shea and Sr. Helen O’ Riordan (chairperson, Board of Management) attended an information meeting on 5 February 2019 in relation to the new model of Child Protection and Safeguarding Inspections to be conducted by the Department of Education and Skills. The Board of Management has reviewed all checks associated with this model to ensure full compliance by the school.
9. This section of the school website will be used to provide updates to members of the school community in relation to general child protection matters.
Put simply, child protection in this school is all about safeguarding students against any form of neglect or physical/emotional/sexual abuse. Please speak to any member of staff if you have a concern about yourself or any other student.