Study Skills Week – report by Ms. L. Kelly (Guidance Counsellor)
We have had a very successful run of study skills seminars over the past week. It is most important for students to create good routines and study habits for the new school year. Doing this should enhance their wellbeing and reduce stress levels. I would like to thank the following:
- Student Enrichment Services for facilitating the 5th year seminar last Thursday.
- Dr. Sandra Walsh from the Wexford campus of Carlow IT for kindly facilitating our 6th year seminar last Friday for free!!!
- Ray Langan from Rayse the Game for facilitating both 2nd and 3rd Years on Monday and Tuesday, along with the parents’ talk on Tuesday night.
It was a huge deviation to present these study skills seminars via Zoom, live into our school, and we are very pleased to say that we successfully pulled it off. Huge thanks also to Ms. Curran for helping so much with the I.T.
1st year students will receive study skills talks from their Guidance Counsellor over the coming weeks.
- The Parent’s Association AGM, originally planned for next Monday, will take place on Zoom on a date to be confirmed in the coming weeks.
- 1st year students will go in class groups on their annual one day retreat to the Parable Garden, Ballinesker over the coming 10 days. They will be accompanied by their Religion teacher and will be joined most days by the school chaplain, Fr. Jim Fegan. We appreciate the great work of the Religion Department in organising these retreats safely in a Covid-19 era.
- Also heading out next week on their first trip of the year will be our 150 Transition Year (TY) students, in groups of 50, as they go surfing in Curracloe. They will also be undertaking their Science trip to the Secret Valley over the coming fortnight. Again, we thank all organising teachers.
- All students are asked to check their Loreto email accounts on a regular basis to see updates from Mr. O’ Shea as well as communication from teachers on a range of matters.