Admission into 1st year, September 2020
- The school will accept fully completed application forms in respect of girls in 6th class primary/national school (or its equivalent) for admission into our 1st year group (150 students) in September 2020 from 8.15 a.m. on Thursday, 26 September 2019 until 4.00 p.m. on Friday, 18 October 2019. Forms received outside of these dates will be returned to sender.
- Application forms, as well as copies of the school’s admission policy, are available from the School Secretary and Receptionist during normal school hours (8.15 a.m. to 4.15 p.m., Monday to Friday) and may also be downloaded from the school’s website – loretowexford.com
Loreto Parents’ Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The Loreto Parents’ AGM for 2019 will be held in the school on Monday, 23 September beginning at 19.00.
The agenda will be as follows:
- Minutes of last A.G.M.
- Secretary’s Report
- Financial Report
- Close of meeting
A report from the Green School Committee
Last week, Wexford Bus visited our school as part of the Green School Committee’s Travel Flag Award. This year, the committee are continuing their campaign to encourage students to travel to school in more environmentally friendly ways, such as walking and using public transport. Wexford Bus showed students which routes would best suit them to get to and from school. There are buses servicing the following locations that can get students to and from school: Drinagh, Whiterock, Clonard, Coolcotts, Redmond Square, Carcur, Crossabeg and Castlebridge. When students use these buses, they are individually contributing to climate action and reducing the amount of harmful carbon emissions in our local area. It also has the added advantage of reducing the amount of traffic outside the school. The committee thank Amy and Lynn from Wexford Bus for their help.
More information can be found by clicking on the following links:
The Bridge Loop (Castlebridge, Crossabeg, Carcur): https://bookings.wexfordbus.com/Timetable.aspx?TimeTableRoute=15
Wexford town and Drinagh route: https://bookings.wexfordbus.com/Timetable.aspx?TimeTableRoute=7
Save the Date: Loreto Wexford’s Multicultural Week: 4 – 8 November 2019
Once again, we hope to celebrate the cultural diversity in our school this year during Multicultural Week.
Last year, Multicultural Week was an enormous success with 16 different cultures represented. We hope to emulate this success this year, but we need your help.
Parents, students and teachers are invited to take part. This year we would like to invite parents and grandparents to the school on Friday to share in the celebrations. Keep an eye on the school website for more details.
If you would like to help by:
- setting up a stall reflecting your culture
- sourcing cultural music
- playing cultural music
- sharing cultural art / clothing / jewellery/ food
- decorating your classroom to reflect a chosen culture
Or if you have any new ideas, please see Ms. M. Jordan or email email@example.com
- All 1st year students will be brought on a one day retreat to the Parable Garden Education Centre, Curracloe, in their class groups over the coming ten days. The day allows the students the opportunity to get to know each other better and to become familiar with what a Loreto school represents. The great work of the Religion Department in organising these retreats is greatly appreciated.
- Transition Year students travel to Tramore next Tuesday for their annual surfing “as Gaeilge” trip. Go n-éirí leo go léir!