New Board of Management
The following are the members of the new Board of Management:
Sr. Helen O’ Riordan, IBVM
Mr. Patrick Quigley
Ms. Barbara Foley
Mr. Daniel Gayer
Ms. Siobhan O’ Donoghue
Ms. Aoife Doyle
Ms. Annette Cahalane
Mr. Liam Gaynor
The new Board serves from 16 October 2019 to 15 October 2022.
The Secretary to the Board is Mr. Billy O’ Shea (Principal).
Admission into 1st year, September 2020
- The school will accept fully completed application forms in respect of girls in 6th class primary/national school (or its equivalent) for admission into our 1st year group (150 students) in September 2020 from 8.15 a.m. on Thursday, 26 September 2019 until 4.00 p.m. on Friday, 18 October 2019. Forms received outside of these dates will be returned to sender.
- Application forms, as well as copies of the school’s admission policy, are available from the School Secretary and Receptionist during normal school hours (8.15 a.m. to 4.15 p.m., Monday to Friday) and may also be downloaded from the school’s website – loretowexford.com
- A study skills seminar will be held for 2nd year students on Tuesday, 1 October.
- All parents are invited to attend a talk on Study Skills in the school at 17.30 on Tuesday, 1 October.
- We extend our best wishes to Transition Year students who will receive their Junior Certificate results in the school at 09.30 on Friday, 4 October.
- Congratulations are extended to all students who have been elected to leadership positions in the school as prefects or members of the Students’ Council. A full list of these students is to be found under the students tab on the website homepage.
Cycle Against Suicide – Report by Ms. Kelly
On Wednesday, 25 September, two of our 5th year students, Breda Murphy and Eileen Roe, accompanied me to Dublin Castle for Cycle Against Suicide training. It was a very beneficial day for us and we are very excited about engaging in the activities suggested. We are planning to amalgamate the Amber Flag Committee with the Cycle Against Suicide Committee and we will work towards decreasing the stigma around mental illness and to spread the message that “it’s OK to not feel OK and it’s absolutely OK to talk about it”.
Tiarna Jones from 5th year was also there on Wednesday as a student ambassador for Cycle Against Suicide and we feel very lucky that we have a Loreto student so involved in the organisation. I would like to thank Breda, Eileen and Tiarna for their interest in promoting positive mental health further in Loreto. Ms. Foley and I look forward to working with them and other students during the course of this academic year.