Lunchtime Club will recommence on Monday, 9 September. Each week from Monday to Thursday a small group of students meet to play board games and card games in the main Learning Support (LS) Room on the top floor. This club is for students who prefer to spend time in a quieter environment. It takes place during the second half of lunch, so students have plenty of time to eat their lunch.
There are many board games played such as Scrabble, Monopoly, Guess Who and Connect 4. The clubs create a fun, safe, relaxed and secure environment where students can socialise.
Students are invited to call up to the LS Room any Monday to Thursday at 13.30 if they are interested. New members are always welcome!
If you would like any further information about the Lunchtime Club please contact Ms. M. Jordan.
The school’s Lost Property Room is located on the ground floor almost opposite the changing rooms.
It is open every morning at 10.50 for students to reclaim any lost property.
To prevent a large build-up of property, the room will be emptied of contents on the last working Friday of each month.
Students are responsible for the safe keeping of their own property and for checking the Lost Property Room should any possessions be missing.
Congratulations to Eimear Halpin (3rd year) who finished 3rd in the final round of the All Ireland Schools Athletics competition with a personal best for the year of 29.05 meters in the junior girls discus.
- All parents of Transition Year students are invited to attend an Information Meeting in the Sports Hall at 17.30 on Monday, 9 September 2019.
- Parents are reminded that the deadline for the return of nomination papers for the new Board of Management is 12.00 on Wednesday, 11 September 2019.
- The school’s Irish Department will be taking a group of 70 3rd year students to the Achill, Co. Mayo Gaeltacht from Tuesday to Friday, 10 to 13 September 2019. We wish all those travelling a safe, enjoyable and beneficial few days “in iarthar tíre”.
- A nationwide round of inservice training for teachers in their Junior Cycle subjects takes place over the coming weeks.
- We extend our best wishes for the year to our two Head Girls, Minduli Seneviratna and Alanna Fusciardi Wallace.